PLB HDPE Duct
|Product Name||COM-LINE PLB HDPE DUCT, OFC Duct|
|Range||Size : OD/ID : 32/26mm, 40/33mm, 50/42mm|
|Standards||TEC Specifications (BSNL/DOT)|
|Application||Optical Fiber Cable laying for Telecom, Cable duct|
|Colour||12 Different colours|
With the changing economic and business scenario, Parixit Industries Ltd. identified the needs of the telecom & IT infrastructure to upgrade from metal cables to optical fibres. With its rich experience in plastic pipe manufacturing & in-house technical strengths, the company has developed a product conforming to modern technology named Parixit COM-line. Parixit COM-Line is a product underlining strategic diversification of PIL with a commitment towards global telecom & IT infrastructure. Parixit COM-Line conduits are designed and engineered to house these sensitive nerves of Information technology i.e. optical fibres thus enabling information transfer across the globe.
COM-LINE – INSITE
MATERIAL : Parixit Industries Ltd. manufactures permanently lubricated HDPE Telecom Ducts with the superior grade of High-Density Polyethylene materials. HDPE pipes manufactured will meet all the requirements of IS 4984-1995.
LUBRICATION : Apart from the normal HDPE pipes, Parixit Industries Ltd. has developed permanently lubricated HDPE Telecom Ducts. We use imported materials from internationally reputed ISO-9002 companies, manufacturing a special lubricated compound for production of HDPE pipes conveying optical fiber cables with extremely low friction.
Properties of lubricant
- Is strongly locked into HDPE.
- It has same physical/mechanical properties as HDPE except low Coefficient of Friction value which is less than 0.06.
- Is evenly distributed around the bore and along the length of duct.
- Does not react with water, hence it is possible to clean the duct by water stream in case of any obstruction/accident.
- Has same frictional properties during life of the duct.
- Environment Stress Crack Resistance (ESCR)
- Impact Resistance
- Crush Resistance
- Low Coefficient of Friction
- High Temperature Resistance
- High Ultraviolet (UV) protection
COM-line Ducts are suitable for installation in the field dirt trenches, under sidewalks, roads, within communication networks, between communication centers and between cities. They can also be used in branch networks between cells, distribution cabinets, poles, in walls and within subterranean networks of homes, allowing the insertion of communication cables-optical or copper, as well as TV/cable aluminum coaxial cables. Cables can be inserted in through the pipe by blowing, with an internal air-pressure up to eight bars.
Parixit COM-Line’s exterior smooth, without grooves, projections, depressions or other defects detectable to the naked eye. There are also no spaces of cavities between the pipe’s two layers. The friction coefficient between the inside of the Parixit COM-line and the outside of the inserted communication cable does not exceed 0.06. The system used to achieve such a low friction coefficient is based on proven technology – coating with a layer of permanent lubrication material.
Underground communication networks utilize Polyethylene pipes of various outside diameters: 32, 40, 50 mm with varying thickness.
PIL offers various accessories & fittings used for laying com-line duct networks to facilitate optical fiber connectivity.
1. END PLUG : End plug with a bushing assembly used for sealing the duct end. Prevents dirt, water and dust from entering into the duct.
2. SIMPLE PLUG : Simple plug with Split bush assembly for sealing around able in duct installations. Simple installation around in place cables, seals the duct from moisture, dust and dirt going inside the Duct, ideal for Manholes.
|Size(mm)||Duct I.D.||Cable O. D. range (mm)|
3. PUSH FIT COUPLER : Non metallic, high pressure rated (10 bar) air-tight Coupling for HDPE Duct which reduces blowing resistance and allows for greater freedom of use of state-of-the-art CABLE BLOWING TECHNOLOGIES under high pressure. Sizes available: 32, 40 & 50 mm.
4. C-SPANNER : This is the Metallic wrench for tightening the plastic Couplers and is supplied in pairs for tightening both the ends of the Couplers. Can be used for 40 mm & 32 mm Plastic Couplers.
5. DUCT CUTTER : HDPE DUCT Cutter with sharp Cutting Blade makes a fast, clean and burr-free cut in polyethylene, Ratchating handle provides for sure, steady cutting action.
6. DUCT CAP : These Caps are made of rubber, used for sealing the Duct ends before dispatch and during transportation, to prevent dirt, dust or any other particles from entering the duct. Sizes available : 40 m & 32 mm
7. COLLAPSIBLE STEEL REEL : Collapsible steel Reel used for mounting the Duct Coil at the Site for easy pulling of the Duct and ease of installation at the time of Duct Laying.
|Test on HDPE Raw Materials||IS:7328:1992|
|Melt Flox Index||IS: 2530-1963||0.2 to 1.1 gms per
10 min. at 1900 under 5 Kg load
|2||Density||IS: 7328:1992||940 to 958 Kg/m3 at 27 0C|
|Test on Finished Duct Visual :|
|Inside & Outside Surface is smooth|
|A) Appearance||50/42 mm 40/33 mm 32/26 mm|
|B) Outer Diameter (mm)||50 + 0.5
40 + 0.4
32 + 0.3
|C) Wall Thickness (mm)||4.0 + 0.3
3.5 + 0.2
3.0 + 0.2
|4||Reversion test||IS: 4984-1995||3% (Max)|
|5||E.S.C.R.||ASTM: D-1693||Sample is not crack or split|
|6||Internal Pressure Creep Rupture Test||IS: 4984-1995||Duct is not show swelling, leakage, 48 hrs., 80 0C|
|7||Crush Resistance Test||TEC Spec. No.||Deflection not Greater than 10% (with load G/CDS-08/01 on),Deflection not greater than 2% (After DEC. 1999 recovery)|
|2O N/mm2 (Min.) 350% (Min.)|
|9||Impact Strength||IS: 12235
|There is no crack or split|
|10||Internal Co-efficient of Friction||TEC Spec. No G/CDS-08-01 or
|11||Oxidation Induction Test||TEC Spec. No
|> 30 min.|
QAP for PLB Duct
|Sr. No||Parameters||Ref. TeSst Method||Unit||Typical Value / Requirement
Dimensions & Tolerances:
|a.||Nominal Outside Diameter||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||mm||32 + 0.3,
40 + 0.4,
50 + 0.5
|b.||Wall Thickness||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||mm||3.0 ± 0.2,
3.5 ± 0.2,
4.0 ± 0.3
|c.||Thickness of inside lubrication||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||mm||10% of Pipe Thickness|
|d.||Lubrication||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||mm||Permanently lubricated for blowing of Optical Fiber Cable|
|e.||Ovality||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||mm||0.8,
|f.||Length||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||mm||1000 ± 100 or as per requirement
HDEP Row Material :
|a.||Density||IS : 2530 : 1963||G/CC||0.940 to 0.958 at 27° C|
|b.||Melt Flow Rate||IS : 7328 : 1992||Gm/10 min.||0.2 to 1.10 at 190° C under 5 Kg Load
|a.||Surface Finish||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||Duct is smooth, clean, round and free from blister, shrink, holes, flaking & other defects
Performance Requirement :
|a.||Heat Reversion||IS : 4984 : 1995||%||Max 3%|
|b.||Hydrostatic Pressure Resistance Test||IS : 4984 : 1995||Acceptance Test:
Duration: 48 hrs at 80°
Induced Stress 3.8 Mpa
Type Test :
Duration: 165 hrs at 80° Induced Stress: 3.5
|c.||Tensile Strength & Elongation||IS : 14151
|Min. 20 N/mm2
|d.||ESCR||ASTMD 1693||No Failure|
|e.||Impact||IS:12235 (part-9)||Striker Weight 10 kg, Duct Shall not crack or split|
|f.||Crush Resistance||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||%||Approx. 50 kg Load with load deflection
<10 after> recovery<2
|g.||Oxidation Induction Test||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||Min||Time > 30|
|h.||Internal Co-efficient of Friction||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||COF < 0.06|
|i.||Minimum bending radius during storage||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||Mtrs.||1.25|
|j.||Maximum pulling force||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||Kg||300|
|k.||Ash Content of Finished Duct||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||0.3 (Max)|
|l.||Fading of colors of Duct||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||No Discoloration|
|m.||UV Stabilizer Content of Resin||FT-IR Method||%||0.15 (Min)|
|n.||UV stabilizer Content of Duct||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||Variation in tensile strength after aging is not more than 20%|
|o.||Marking Identification||GR. No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov 04||All pipes are marked in white color by hot embossed as per detail specified by the client, with length mark at every meter.
4 white strips applied on duct in the longitudinal direction. Color: Orange.
|Internal air pressure:||GR.No.G/CDS 08/02. Nov.2004||kg./cm2||Internal air pressure 15kg./ cm 2|
|Pulling force :||GR.No.G/CDS 08/02. Nov.2004||Kgs.||Pulling force:
for 32mm: 250 Kgs.
For 40mm: 320 Kgs.
For 50mm: 450 Kgs.
|Ageing Test :
In air circulating oven
|GR.No.G/CDS 08/02. Nov.2004||Ageing Test : In air circulating oven at 70 ± 2°C for 168 hrs.|
|b.||Cable sealing plug||GR.No.G/CDS-08/02.Nov.2004||1kg/cm2||1 kg / cm2 Air pressure for 30 minutes.|
|c.||End Plug||GR.No.G/CDS-08/02. Nov.2004||1 kg/cm2
|1 kg/cm2 Air pressure for 30 minutes.|